With the Free-To-Play switch comes a ton of great feedback on balance and this weekend’s patch is a direct result of that feedback. If you would like to join our small but growing community we have a Discord and also recently launched a new Forums (WIP). Included in today’s patch are buffs to Earth’s starting primary, nerfs to many healing spells, and a few random bug fixes. We also have fixed the -1 Arcane Points bug that many players were experiencing the first few days. The other big change are performance tweaks to some Fire spell effects that seem to be causing FPS lag.
Earth 1 Burst – Increased speed of projectiles to 3000, Decreased projectile lifespan from 5s -> 0.5s (Range 1500). Decreased projectile size by 50%, reduced spread from 100 to 20. Reduced size of explosion effects.
Earth 1A Pebbles – Reduced projectile lifespan from 3s -> 1s (Range 2500). Decreased DPS by 25% from 45-60 -> 33-45. Increased mana cost from 2 per shot to 5.
Earth 3A Granite – Reduced projectile from 30-38 -> 20-22. Reduced triggered explosion from 30 -> 15. Decreased explosion radius by 25%.
Ice 4 Blizzard – Reduced the size of damage radius by 25% from 768 -> 576.
Ice 2B Penetrating Cold – Reduced cooldown from 2.5s -> 2s. Reduced charge time from 2s -> 1s.
Lightning 3A Energy Well – This spell is just simply too good. It heals for 10 health and 10 mana every 0.5s for 3s. Increased cooldown from 10s -> 15s.
Nature 1A Healing spores – Increase healing slightly. Increased damage range from 2-4 -> 3-4 every 0.25s. Increased homing range from 150 -> 200.
Nature 1 Thorns – Increased range from 1200 to 1500. Increased DPS from 16-24 -> 20-24.
Lightning 2A Energize – Decreased damage range from 20-30 -> 22-25. Decreased healing done from 30 -> 25.
Nature 4 Tree of Life – Increased range from 512 -> 768. Decreased healing done from every 0.5s -> every 1s for 15s. Heals for 15.
Nature Passive – Increase the cooldown on this spell from 1 minute to 2 minutes.
Fire 3A Lavaflow – Change fire sound cue.
Fire 1B Ignite – Reduce cone size. Reduce damage range. 23-37 is too wide. – Reduced damage range from 23-37 -> 29-37.
Fixed a problem where Nether 2, 2A, and 2B were all able to be cast on the side of objects.
Ice 4A Stormfront – Fixed a bug where this spell wasn’t properly damaging on some surfaces.
Fixed a bug with the Arcane Points system that was causing crashes and showed player’s Arcane Points as -1.
Nether 4A and 4B weren’t lasting long enough. These spells should now be working properly again.
Fire 2B Flash Fire – Replaced the old particle effect with a new one.
Fire spell effects seem to be causing lag. Reducing some of the effects to improve performance.
Reduced the volume of the starting music.
On July 18th at 8 AM PST Grimoire: Manastorm will be switching to a F2P system using the game’s 6 classes. Each week, 2 of the 6 classes will be temporarily unlocked and every few weeks replaced with new classes. All currently available content, including all 6 classes and 48 new customizable class spells, can be permanently unlocked using Arcane Points gained by playing Multiplayer games. Pre-F2P players have all automatically received the new class DLCs which will be available for purchase to new players through Steam. While this is a large update please remember that we are still working on the game and you will find bugs, imbalances in combat, and crashes.
Added since Jan, 2016:
– Arcane Points and Free-To-Play System. Earn points after each Multiplayer game and use them to unlock new spells and classes.
– Customizable class system with 48 new spells – Mix and match each class’s 4 spell slots with 8 new spells to fit your personal playstyle.
– Survival – a single player wave survival game mode with 2 difficulty levels.
– 6 new maps – Conquest Market, FFA Temple, FFA Market, FFA Sanctuary, FFA Ruins, and FFA Futhark.
– In-game Voice Chat
– Updated environment art and refined layouts for all maps.
– Tooltips with detailed descriptions for all class spells.
– Updated first and third person character models and textures.
– Countless bug fixes and performance updates.
As a part of the Free-To-Play system and Arcane Points we have added customizable classes with 8 new spells for each class. We have been working on this new spell progression system for a long time and it is very exciting to finally be releasing it to a larger audience. Here is how it works: Each class starts off with the current four Active spells and one passive spell. After every Multiplayer game, you will earn Arcane Points which can then be used to unlock eight new active spells per class (48 total). These new spells are designed so that players can customize each class to their preferred play style and role. Want to change Lightning into a short-range burst DPS class with a bit of healing? Find Fire boring as an area damage class? Tired of getting pushed around as Nature and want some more damage? With the new spells, you can do all of these things and more by mixing and matching to create entirely new combinations or multi-role classes. We can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
Singleplayer Wave Survival
Survival is a basic and barebones wave survival mode with an objective to defend. Fight waves of undead warriors and mages as well as the occasional golem. The main goal behind releasing this mini-game is to give players a chance to test out new spells, classes, and general gameplay in a fun and challenging offline setting. This isn’t a huge epic campaign with lots of voice acting and cinematics […]
Patch Notes: v0.9.9.98 – July 8, 2017
Today’s patch includes some new spells to replace some of the progression spells which were too repetitive or didn’t work with design goals for that class. We also have some major changes to Conquest and FFA Temple with updated layouts, cover, and lighting. In addition, there are many balance changes and performance fixes for other maps. Finally, we have added a long-needed feature and in Conquest mode there are now objective indicators above each ley-line.
We have also made great progress with the F2P patch and now have the entire system working and ready to go! Once we finalize the release date and time we will have a big announcement post along with a new trailer. For now I can say that you can expect the release before the end of the month! Big thanks to everyone for being patient and for all our awesome playtesters.
- Conquest and FFA Temple: The temple building has had some layout changes. Added cover and more high ground to the central area. Also made some minor layout changes and slightly increased the overall size of the building. Changed the layouts surrounding the starting ley-lines on both sides refined the main pathways between each team’s 1st ley-lines and added back alley paths as well. Various performance tweaks so FPS should now be 10-15% higher. Added some extra ambient sounds.
- Fixed some collision/pathing issues on Quarry maps.
- Fixed some collision problems and performance tweaks to Sanctuary.
- Updated Futhark paths to add more ramps up to the 2nd level and removed a teleporter.
- Adjusted character lighting on all maps.
- Conquest and FFA Market – Reduced the snow particle effect which should result in a 20-50% FPS increase for most players.
- Reduced ambient sound in Conquest Slums.
- Updated Minimap for all Conquest maps.
- Fixed a bug that was causing players to only be able to join one server after leaving a game through the escape menu.
- Nature will now heal herself for 80% instead of 50%.
- Nature 2 Anima Blossom – Reduced charge time to 1s. Decreased damage bonus on charge by 75%. Increased base damage from 18-20 -> 25-30. Increased the on-ground health pickup from 3 -> 25. Increased lifespan of health pickup from 3s -> 5s.
- New Nature 4A Four Ancients – Summon 4 ancient ones which fall to the ground in the targeted area. These wait for enemies to come nearby and then grow in size and launch themselves at the enemy causing 25 damage in a large area on impact.
- Fire 2A Hot Spot – Added Fire Damage over Time, Reduced the pulse range of the half charge from 64 -> 32 (the same as basic charge)., Reduced the pulse range of the full charge from 72 -> 32. Increased […]
Today’s patch is more polishing and bug fixing. We have fixed the player health bars bug, balanced some of the healing spells, fixed AI pathing in FFA, and added a few new animations. You will also notice that we recently added a new icon to the top center of the character select screen. These are the Arcane points which are earned by playing the game and will be used in F2P to unlock classes and spells. In the past month Saishy has made HUGE progress in getting F2P ready and we will soon have a more detailed announcement including a release date and new trailer. As always we welcome any and all feedback and thank you for being patient with our development schedule.
- Updated AI pathing on all FFA maps.
- Various layout changes and bug fixes to some FFA maps.
- Added a few new first person animations (Third person and more first person animations coming soon)
- Reduced In-combat health regeneration from 2 -> 1 per second.
- Fixed a bug in Conquest where players weren’t spawning after all points were captured.
- Fixed a bug where you could see inside the first person model while using some animations.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s health bar wasn’t properly replicating. It should now change color based on the players remaining health percentage.
- Conquest mode: Capturing all the points now gives 200 team points instead of 500. Changed the points needed to win from 1000 to 1200.
- Earth 2B Tremor – Increased casting range from 1600 -> 2000.
- Lightning 1 Electricity – Increased range from 1800 -> 3000
- Nature 1A Anima Spores – Heals for 2-4 every 0.25s (8-12 per second). Costs 5 mana per spore.
- Lightning 4B Static Cloud – Cooldown increased from 45 -> 60. Radius reduced from 1024 -> 512
- Ice 2B Penetrating cold – Increased speed, appearance, and damage of all levels.
- Fire 4A Focus Fire – Cooldown changed to 25s.
- Lightning 3A Energy Well – Lasts for 3 seconds. Radius reduced by 25% Mana amount healed 20 per second. Heals 30 health per second. Removed damaging radius.
Today we have some long awaited bug fixes for FFA and with some spells. There are also some balance changes to spells and some minor map fixes. We are still stuck on one bug with the in-game purchasing for F2P but once that is fixed we will be all set to launch. As we get closer to F2P launch each playtest becomes even more important so if you get a chance please join us each week.
- Turned off the combat log until it can be moved to its own area.
- Added player spawn protection to FFA. Players will no longer spawn at the same location.
- FFA Victory and Loss conditions have been changed. The player with the highest score will now win after time expires. If two players have the same top score they will both win.
- Fixed a bug where the Fire damage on player hit effect was lasting too long.
- Some projectiles were spawning above the player’s crosshair this is now fixed and all spells should now be on target.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s first person material was displaying the incorrect material after using Stoneskin spell.
- Fixed a bug where the Repel spell would trigger a player’s own Spellshield.
- The collision for Earth 3 wasn’t matching the particle effect. They should now be synced.
- Cleaned up various log spam and warnings.
- Fire 4A Focus Fire – Increased damage from 30 -> 50.
- Fire 1 Flames – Doubled range from 512 to 1024 and decreased damage from 4-5 -> 3-4.
- Fire 1A Fireballs – Increased damage from 10-15 -> 14-15.
- Buffed Nature’s self healing ratio from 0.25 to 0.5s. Nature spells don’t work as well on her as they do on others. Her spells will now heal her for 50% of the amount that allies are healed for.
- Earth 2A Concussive – Damage increased from 30 -> 40 for base, 35 -> 45 for half, and 37 -> 47 for full.
- Earth 2B Tremor – Damage increased from 25-28 -> 30-32.
This week’s patch includes bug fixes for spells, FPS increases for many problematic maps, and a fix for Arcane point collection. We have made great progress the past few weeks towards launching F2P and will soon be announcing the release date.
- Safeguard game mode renamed to Survival.
- Removed some music until it can be turned off in options.
- Removed announcer killstreak voice until it can be turned off in options.
- Fix for Arcane point collection.
- Added impulse to all damage types so that dynamic objects can be moved. Testing this on a few maps (Some barrels and boxes are dynamic now).
- Upgraded Nether’s first person textures.
- Performance fixes which will increase FPS on the following maps: FFA Ruins, FFA Sanctuary, Survival (All difficulties), Conquest Slums, and FFA Futhark.
- Life 3 Wisp – The particle effect is now properly following the projectile after it is retriggered.
- Earth 3A Granite – The particle effect and sound cue is now playing after it is retriggered.
- Ice 2B Penetrating Cold – This spell was very underpowered. Increased the damage and projectile speed. Damage increased from 25 -> 33 and max speed increased from 2500 -> 3500.