What is Grimoire?
Grimoire: Manastorm is a multiplayer class based PC shooter where powerful wizards fight a war for territory and prestige. In Grimoire the standard ammo-counts, guns, and headshots have been replaced by magic, spells, and genre-blending mechanics. It is a fast-paced magic fueled experience set in a medieval fantasy world created by a small but passionate indie team. Inspired by games like Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, and Dota 2.
Choose from one of six wizard classes and wield four primary spells in deadly magical battles, unlock eight more spells to customize each class to your specific playstyle. Then pick two additional abilities from a shared pool of spells that range from teleportation to a powerful kinetic blast that sends foes flying. Mix in passive abilities that increase your tactical options and you have a recipe for combat befitting a student of the Arcane Arts.
Many spells are inspired by our favorite MOBA games like DOTA 2 and League of Legends. Grimoire’s FPS spin on these strategic spells creates fast paced tactical combat unlike anything you’ve played before. Grimoire is not a game of instant damage and unavoidable death. Every spell has a counter… if you’re ready for it!
- Two multiplayer game modes (Conquest and Deathmatch)
- Six wizard classes each with four unique spell slots and one unique passive ability. Customize each class by choosing from twelve different spells.
- Twelve fantasy-inspired maps including medieval cities, dark caverns, and towering cliffs.
- Freeze your enemies, teleport over buildings, or lay a deadly traps with 72 powerful and unique spells at your command!
- Further customize each class with eight inventive mobility and utility spells that range from teleportation to summoning unbreakable walls.
- Safeguard – a simple but challenging single-player wave survival game mode.
Conquest – Magnus and Validus battle over control of key sources of magical energy known as ley-lines. The longer the ley-lines are held the more energy is gained including a large influx of power if one house can manage to take total control of an area. Destructible objects can reveal new territory or bring the environment crashing down on your enemies. Inspired by games like Day of Defeat, the Battlefield series, and Team Fortress 2; Conquest is a territorial battle that features large (8v8) teams.
Free-For-All (Deathmatch) – Chaos reigns supreme in this fight to the death. This classic game mode is a great way to try out the game without worrying about objectives.
Safeguard – The people of Orinfell are under attack! Hold off waves of undead fighters, mages, and golems as the survivors escape through the city’s catacombs. This game mode is great for testing out new spells and learning the basics of the game.