We are 100% focused on developing our first game, Grimoire: Manastorm a multiplayer Wizard shooter built in UDK. All updates and information about what we are up to can be found on Grimoire’s main page or through our social media.
The new Grimoire site is now up and running but still under construction.
All future information relating to Grimoire will be posted there and we will be updating it with media and information as much as possible.
The test last night went great! The server peaked at 27 players and we had no network issues or crashes reported throughout the night. I’ve attached some screenshots from last night’s playtest and perspective video footage is coming soon.
Thank you to everyone who participated. Your feedback has been extremely helpful!
Today we’re prepping the build for internal alpha testing on build 0.5. We’re very excited to see how well the game runs with more than 24 simultaneous players. E-mail invites will be sent out around 6:30 PM EST and we expect the main server to be up and running at 7 PM EST.
This week Epic Games released Unreal Engine 4 so we spent a few days weighing our options and decided to stick with UDK for Grimoire but will no doubt be doing all future development in UE4. Also this week we fixed a large number of bugs as well as added in our first two defensive abilities from which the player can pick one to further customize their favorite class. For more detailed bug fixes and feature additions please refer to our patch notes posts.
We are now back on schedule and looking forward to our next internal testing on 3/30. This testing will be a stress test in which we will determine how many players the game can handle on various game modes and server settings. We will also be releasing some more media and information soon showcasing player perspective gameplay and game features. We have added a contact page to the site so please feel free to send us a message if you have any feedback or are interested in helping us test.
Thanks again to all of our testers your feedback and help has been invaluable. As low budget indie devs we truly couldn’t do it without all of your generous help and time.
After the 0.4 alpha test on 3/16/2014 we have a comprehensive list of bugfixes and various other balance changes that have been completed. This list will be consistently updated until we roll out the 0.5 build for live testing.
Patch 0.5 Notes
– Balancing Changes –
- Frostbolt Buff (lowered mana costs, speed and damage have been increased significantly)
- Frost Nova Nerf (Fixed the actual blast radius to better fit the visual size)
- Frozen Orb Nerf (Damage of main orb projectile now deals 70 damage)
- Sustained Damage Abilities(Ability One) for frost, fire, lightning have all received a damage and tickrate buff (from every 1/4th of a second to every 1/10th of a second)
- Fire Nerfs (fireball damage and speed has been slightly lowered, meteor storm AOE radius reduced)
- Defensive Abilities added: SpellShield and Stoneskin
- Boulder(Earth ability four) functionality has changed. It will now reward players more for using it as a mortar style ability. The damage of the boulder now ramps up even higher per second it is in the air. This ability now leaves a smoke screen at the explosion location for 4 seconds.
- Lightning mana costs for abilities 2-4 were too high. All values have been lowered accordingly.
- Lightning Orb(Ability 3) will now chain to enemies at a quicker rate. Damage has been lowered to fit the new rate accordingly
- All classes health regeneration has been increased slightly
- Nature Class has been added
– Bug Fixes –
- Fixed a major bug which allowed you to cast quicker than your cooldown time by holding down the firing mode button
- Fixed a bug that enabled you to CC your own teammates
- Fixed a major visual bug that kept the meteor storm floor and cloud particles activated.
- Fixed an animation bug that made you appear to be casting even when on cooldown(this only applied to charged abilities)
- Fixed an issue that caused projectiles to explode on your character when looking high in the air.
- Fixed an issue that caused your mana to be spent with Earth ability 3 and Fire ability 4 even if they weren’t allowed to be casted. (Your mana should not be spent either)
- Projectiles should no longer explode on each other(this was a client side bug)
- Fixed a menu-related bug that caused a multitude of issues with sprint/blink functionality breaking.
– Misc. –
- Added an effect for your blink-from location (This resolves the issue of someone appearing to vanish when they blink.)
- Changed range indicators for some abilities to better fit their appropriate size.
- Changed Charge up ability HUD indicator to an actual charge-up bar.
- Hit indication will no longer happen when a teammate hits you with an ability.
- Hit indication is now much more noticeable when you receive damage.
- Experimental Change: All players can now sprint. A Stamina bar has been added to the HUD under the mana bar.
- A slight camera angle adjustment has been made.
- Projectiles will no longer explode on teammates when friendly fire is disabled.
- Fire Particles systems have received some visual upgrades
- Lightning Particles systems have received some visual upgrades
- Lighting system added to character’s hand particles
- Network architecture optimizations of the animation system
- Size of Boulder(Earth Ability Four) has been reduced. Explosion radius remains the same.
- The cooldown system has been completely reconstructed.
- Death sounds added
- Projectile spawn location changed to a more centered point
- Frozen orb functionality changes(this is a slight buff)
- Sustained damage abilities are now accurate visually.
- Indicators added for “Not Enough Mana” and “That ability is on cooldown”
- Implemented a minimap system
- Complete UI Overhaul
- Spell Shield particles dimmed
- Teleporter system added for starting locations
- Various particle improvements of abilities(nearly every ability has received particle upgrades since 0.4)
We had our first internal testing of Grimoire build 0.4 last Sunday which went even better than expected. We would like to thank all 16 participants for making that possible and for all of the great feedback. The test included four classes, two movement abilities, and three maps. We hope that everyone had a great time and again thank you for your patience and help with everything. We are also proud to release some in-game video from last nights test produced by RipperX as well as some screenshots.
OmniConnection is proud to present our first game, Grimoire, a team-based multiplayer third person shooter inspired by popular games such as Day of Defeat, League of Legends, and Skyrim and based in a harsh medieval fantasy world of war and magic.
Players will be able to choose between two powerful Wizard families in their fight for control of the capital city. In addition to being able to select from eight different classes, that each have four base spells, players will also be able to customize their class by choosing a movement spell and a defensive spell.
Grimoire’s main game mode is a conquest system where teams will gain points by capturing and holding key map locations. If one team captures all the locations they will gain a large amount of points and the round will reset. The match will end once a team reaches a certain amount of total points. We also hope to include other game modes in the future such as Team Deathmatch, Capture the flag, Free-For-All, and Duels.
Grimoire’s maps are designed to promote teamwork and will reward players not only for quick reactions and precision aim but also for creative strategies. Currently we have three maps being play tested and plan on featuring a wide variety of different maps by release.